What Constitutes Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual, but does not include certain business contact information including the name, title, business address or business telephone number of an employee of any organization.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect the following personal information about you:
- Email, home and business addresses
- Telephone number
- Credit card information
- Meal, food and health preferences, limitations and conditions, to facilitate and improve our Service to you
- Service and Product requirements and preferences
- Your status as a registrant or non-registrant for the Goods and Services Tax (GST) or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) in Canada
- If you subscribe to MealEasy by referral from a professional health practitioner site (a "Practitioner Referred Subscription" or "PRS"), the name and contact information of the relevant practitioner and the type of practice;
- Other information as required or permitted by law.
The information above is generally collected from you, but we may also collect information as necessary from financial institutions and credit card companies for the purposes of processing your payments for our products and services.
Use of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used by us as permitted or required by law and for the following purposes:
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to process invoices and your payment by credit card or any other billing options which we may make available;
- to contact you for customer follow up and to seek your input and to advise you about products and services of Noviden and MealEasy and affiliated companies, but only your name, email, address and telephone number will be used for this purpose.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share some or all of your personal information as required or permitted by law, as follows:
- to third party service providers and hosting partners who assist us with operating a Service and who provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage and related technology. Your personal information shall only be provided to such third parties to the extent required for us to provide the Service, and such third parties shall be bound by obligations of confidentiality and shall not be permitted to use your personal information for any purposes beyond the scope of providing their services to us to support MealEasy, without your additional consent;
- to credit card companies and related financial institutions for processing your payment;
- to collect any debt you may owe to us;
- to affiliated companies and independent contractors for the purpose of customer follow-up and to seek your input and to advise you about products and services of Noviden and MealEasy and affiliated companies, but for this purpose we shall not share more than your name, email address, address and telephone numbers;
We may use aggregate information about our customers, without identifying such customers, for the purpose of research, improving our site, and reporting on trends and patterns of our customers and the use of the MealEasy Service.
Safeguards for Personal Information
Links and Other Associated Sites
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information as long as you remain our customer. If your relationship with us as a customer ends, we may use and disclose your personal information as required and permitted by law, to conclude any outstanding matters relating to your relationship with us, to contact you for customer follow up, and to seek your input and advise you about products and services of Noviden and its affiliated companies that may interest you. If you do not wish to receive any such further information, please contact us as indicated under the "Contact Us" heading below. We also retain your personal information as necessary to satisfy any potential legal obligations we may have.
If you wish to file a complaint, make inquiry regarding or obtain access to your personal information that we may hold, please contact us as follows:Noviden Privacy Officer - Noviden Technologies Inc.
148 Chain Lake Dr.
Halifax, N.S., B3S 1A2
Please be aware that access may not be provided to certain information which is protected by lawyer-client privilege, constitutes confidential commercial information, was collected in respect of the investigation of a breach of an agreement or of law, or is generated in respect of dispute resolution.
Noviden may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your MealEasy account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.